Hi, babes! My name is Sunny and I’ve been cruelty-free and vegan since 2000. I owe it all to my furry felines at home: Towane, Spirulina, and Conan. I’m vegan because I ♥ animals and would never want to contribute to the pain and suffering of any living being.
I started Vegan Beauty Review in 2007 to help showcase the latest and greatest cruelty-free beauty products, fashion, food and everything in between. My main goal is to let the world know that veganism can be fun, beautiful, and delicious.
Vegan Beauty Review has been featured by:
- The LA Times
- Women’s World Magazine
- Cosmopolitan UK
- Vegan Life Magazine
- One Green Planet
- Barefoot Vegan
- World of Vegan
- Elephant In The Room
- Timi & Leslie
- Golly Magazine
- Humane Society International
- Petit Vour
- Vegan Cuts
- Vegan Presence
- And more!
Vegan Beauty Review has also co-curated vegan beauty boxes for Petit Vour, Vegan Presence, and Vegan Cuts.
Random vegan tid bits about me…
1. Favorite non-dairy milk? Vanilla almond milk, hands down!
2. Topping of choice for popcorn? Smoked paprika, salt, and nutritional yeast.
3. Favorite vegan snack? Dried seaweed (lightly seasoned).
4. Favorite vegan dessert? Creme brulee, tres leches (soy, almond, rice) cake, chocolate & peanut butter cupcakes, vegan twinkies, donuts, animal crackers, cashew ice cream, vegan rice crispy treats, marshmallows, etc. (I could go on forever!)
5. Favorite vegan holiday? Hug a Vegetarian Day – duh! 😉
6. Favorite healthy beverage? Gingerberry Kombucha. (Love the hearty burps these make me conjure up!) I also like fresh coconuts.
7. Are all of your clothes vegan? Yup! Everything I wear is 100% free of leather, wool, silk and fur. Most of what I wear is made out of cotton, bamboo, or synthetics.
9. Favorite vegan celebrity? Thom York
10. Favorite vegan ice cream? Purely Decadent – Praline Pecan and Luna & Larry’s Cappuccino Coconut Bliss
11. Favorite vegan pastime? Eating out at vegan restaurants with my boo!
12. Spice/herb you would die without? Smoked paprika.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Raspberry.
15. Favorite vegan salad dressing? Tahini Goddess Dressing from Trader Joe’s.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? I am a seitan worshiper! For realz.
18. What your favorite essential oil/scent? That would have to be either vanilla or peppermint… I like citrusy smells too, though… oh, and sandalwood and jasmine…
21. Favorite grocery store? Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods
24. Favorite vegan candy? 100% pure, soft maple candies – YUMZ!
25. Favorite vegan alcoholic beverage? Kombucha? I hear there’s a trace amount of alcohol in there… other than that, no alckies for me.
Vegan Beauty Review’s most popular posts:
- List of 100% Vegan Beauty Brands
- The Ultimate Vegan Lipstick Guide
- Your Guide to Vegan Nail Polish
- Cruelty-Free Drugstore Makeup with Vegan Options
- Cruelty-Free & Vegan-Friendly Drugstore Nail Polish Brands
- Your Guide to Vegan Mascaras
- The Ultimate Vegan Eyeliner Guide
- Cruelty-Free Beauty Brands at Sephora
- Your Guide to Vegan Shampoo
- Vegan Beauty Review’s Ultimate Guide to Vegan Handbags
- Vegan Beauty Review’s Ultimate Vegan Shoe Guide