Hi, I’m Sunny and I’ve lived a vegan and cruelty-free lifestyle since the year 2000. I’m a happy, pink-haired wife, mother, vegan beauty junkie, animal lover and self-proclaimed crazy cat lady. I was the first vegan beauty blogger to hit the internet in 2007 and have gained a strong social media following. Through my blog (VeganBeautyReview.com) and social media channels, I’ve shared countless cruelty-free resources, reviews and recipes with my followers.
VBR has been featured in: Allure, The LA Times, Cosmopolitan UK, Women’s World, Veg News, Vegan Life Magazine, One Green Planet, Golly Magazine, Barefoot Vegan & more.
I most recently co-wrote The Compassionate Chick’s Guide to DIY Beauty which is filled with recipes for vegan, gluten-free and cruelty-free makeup, skin and hair products. xo
Vegan Beauty Review has been featured by:
- The LA Times
- Women’s World Magazine
- Cosmopolitan UK
- Vegan Life Magazine
- One Green Planet
- Barefoot Vegan
- World of Vegan
- Elephant In The Room
- Timi & Leslie
- Golly Magazine
- Humane Society International
- Petit Vour
- Vegan Cuts
- Vegan Presence
- And more!
Vegan Beauty Review has also co-curated vegan beauty boxes for Petit Vour, Vegan Presence, Vegan Cuts, and Love Goodly.
Products eligible for review need to be:
- Preferably non-toxic and eco-friendly
Random vegan tid bits about me…
1. Favorite non-dairy milk? Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, hands down!
2. Topping of choice for popcorn? Smoked paprika, salt, and nooch.
3. Favorite vegan snack? Dried seaweed (lightly seasoned).
4. Favorite vegan dessert? Creme brulee, tres leches (soy, almond, rice) cake, chocolate & peanut butter cupcakes, vegan twinkies, donuts, animal crackers, cashew ice cream, vegan rice crispy treats, marshmallows, etc. (I could go on forever!)
5. Favorite vegan holiday? Hug a Vegetarian Day – duh! 😉
6. Favorite healthy beverage? Gingerberry Kombucha. (Love the hearty burps these make me conjure up!) I also like fresh coconuts.
7. Are all of your clothes vegan? Yup! Everything I wear is 100% free of leather, wool, silk and fur. Most of what I wear is made out of cotton, bamboo, or synthetics.
9. Favorite vegan celebrity? Thom York
10. Favorite vegan ice cream? Purely Decadent – Praline Pecan and Luna & Larry’s Cappuccino Coconut Bliss
11. Favorite vegan pastime? Eating out at vegan restaurants with my boo!
12. Spice/herb you would die without? SALT.
13. Favorite vegan book? Isa Does It, Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck and of course, The Compassionate Chick’s Guide to DIY Beauty
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Raspberry.
15. Favorite vegan salad dressing? Tahini Goddess Dressing from Trader Joe’s.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? I am a seitan worshiper! For realz.
17. Favorite (i.e. ride or die) vegan beauty product? That’s a toughie! Probably any cleansing oil. I’m currently obsessed with Tata Harper’s Nourishing Oil Cleanser (it’s magical—removes the most stubborn of stubborny makeup and leaves zero greasy residue).
18. What your favorite essential oil/scent? That would have to be either vanilla or peppermint… I like citrusy smells too, though… oh, and sandalwood and jasmine…
19. What are your top 3 favorite restaurants? a.n.d. Cafe (Portland), Blossoming Lotus (Portland), Candle 79 (NYC)
21. Favorite grocery store? Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and Natural Grocers
23. Favorite vegan food? Sushi bowls, pizza with the works, anything noodle-y, and vegan reubens FTW!
24. Favorite vegan candy? 100% pure, soft maple candies – YUMZ!
25. Favorite vegan alcoholic beverage? Kombucha? I hear there’s a trace amount of alcohol in there… other than that, no alckies for me.
Vegan Beauty Review’s most popular posts:
- List of 100% Vegan Beauty Brands
- The Ultimate Vegan Lipstick Guide
- Your Guide to Vegan Nail Polish
- Your Guide to Vegan Mascaras
- The Ultimate Vegan Eyeliner Guide
- Cruelty-Free Beauty Brands at Sephora
- Your Guide to Vegan Shampoo
- Vegan Beauty Review’s Ultimate Guide to Vegan Handbags
- Vegan Beauty Review’s Ultimate Vegan Shoe Guide