Most people don’t know this about VBR, but of the products I review on my blog, about 90-95% are organic and green (i.e. non-toxic). Avoiding chemicals and synthetics is a pretty big deal to me, and I often check the ingredients in my beauty products using Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) database to gauge how healthy or unhealthy they are.
I got really excited to discover that EWG now makes shopping for safe beauty products mega easy. They recently launched their EWG VERIFIED™ program which currently features 118 products, allowing shoppers to quickly and easily identify cosmetics and personal care items that meet their strictest health and transparency standards.
EWG VERIFIED™ products must:
• Be free of EWG’s ingredients of concern
• Fully disclose all ingredients
• Follow good manufacturing practices
You can read more about their program and see the full list of the criteria here: www.ewg.org/EWGVERIFIED.
I was recently sent a HUGE basket of EWG VERIFIED goodies to test out, and woweee, so many gems!
EWG Verified Gift Basket Goodies included:
- Beautycounter Nourishing Cleansing Balm*—This balm hydrates and cleanses your skin while removing makeup and other impurities.
- Biossance The Revitalizer*—A universal moisturizer that can be used from head to toe on a daily basis.
- Celtic Complexion Celtic Complexion Crème*—This moisturizer provides hydration using essential fatty acids, vitamins, nutrients, and essential oils.
- Cocoon Apothecary Rosey Cheeks Facial Cream*—A moisturizing facial cream that softens and nourishes skin.
- Cocoon Apothecary Eyewaken Eye Cream*—A plant-based eye cream that moisturizes and soothes tired eyes.
- Just the Goods Vegan Body Butter*— All day-moisturizer with no artificial colors or fragrances, preservatives, emulsifiers, or stabilizers.
- Just the Goods Vegan Perfume Oil*—Perfurme made with essential oils, absolutes, and attars.
- Makes 3 Organic Lavender Cheek to Cheek Body Balm—This moisturizing body balm is made with a blend of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic JoJoba Oil, and Organic Aloe Vera to hydrate and soften skin.
- Makes 3 Organic Orange Blossom Soap Bar*—This soap is made with natural oils and retained glycerin to provide moisture to skin.
- MyChelle Dermaceuticals Refining Sugar Cleanser*—Cleanses, removes makeup, and exfoliates and smoothes skin.
- Purely Great Unscented/Citrus Cream Deodorants*—Natural deodorants created with essential oils.
- Rejuva Minerals Pur’ Lips Moisturizing Lipstick*—This semi-matte finish lipstick uses organic ingredients and is free of soy and gluten.
- Sally B’s B Quenched Facial Oil*—This lightweight oil absorbs to help moisturize skin and contains essential fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Sally B’s Glossy Lip Gloss—An organic lip gloss that adds a hint of color and shimmer to lips.
- Silk Therapeutics Eye Revive—This eye treatment reduces puffiness and the appearance of dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio Brightener Stick—This highlighter stick gives skin a soft and subtle glow and minimizes the appearance of imperfections.
Heads up: While not all of the items in this gift basket are vegan, a lot of them are (they’re marked “*” above). Here are some of my personal faves:
Purely Great Citrus Cream Deodorant smells fruity and delicious, and it’s pretty effective at taming my stanky beastly self (and I recently started going for jogs, so this has been seriously put to the test).
Just the Goods Body Butter has vegan clearly stated right on the packaging and it’s got a charming and simple DIY vibe. The ingredients are super clean – just über nourishing plant-based butters, carrier oils, and gorgeous smelling essential oils (lavender, bergamot, and ylang ylang).
This bottle of Biossance is straight up squaline, which is a weightless moisturizer that packs a punch. Unfortunately, most store-bought squaline is derived from shark liver oil—grody to the max! Biossance, however, is 100% plant-based! This makes me SO happy!!
I’ve been following Celtic Complexion on Instagram for awhile and have been dying to try their products. This creme has a really light and fluffy consistency, and then it melts like butter when you apply it on you skin. Again, just simple and effective plant-based butters and oils that feel delicious on the skin. My favorite part? It smells like yummy vanilla!
I have to show some love for the vegan lippy in this box! Most lippies aren’t vegan by default, so receiving this one from Rejuva Minerals was a treat. This is the shade Red Red Wine which totes reminds me of this (nostalgia!!). This is a really pretty and shimmery winey color like its name implies, and it feels creamy and smooth on the lips.
Eye creams are prolly my most prized possessions when it comes to fighting wrinks! I like that this Cocoon formula is unscented, soothing, and gentle for all skin types.
Mychelle is probably in my top 7ish beauty brands of all time. Their formulas are superior to most, and they always feel like a spa-sy treat. This sugar cleanser is made with super fine grains so it’s safe to use everyday, and it leaves my skin feeling new and refreshed. I’m gonna use this like mad!
OK, now for the really fun part of this post… a chance to win your own EWG VERIFIED Beauty Basket with ALL of these items! Five winners will be chosen at random, and you have until 5/18 11:59 EST (hurry, hurry!) to enter to win! All the details on how to enter are in the Gleam app below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of EWG VERIFIED™. The opinions and text are all mine.