I get quite a bit of e-mails asking me for vegan and cruelty-free perfume suggestions, so I thought I’d write a post featuring some of my absolute faves! And in case you’re wondering why all perfumes aren’t vegan by default, you’d be surprised to learn they often contain ingredients like **brace yourself for this**… whale puke (ambergris), feces (civet), and beaver ballsack juice (castoreum)!?! F’reals, no joke. Can we collectively say, “Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww”? How on earth is that people PAY MONEY to rub dookie on their skin? SMH.
Anyhoo, thank Godzilla there are a ton of vegan and cruelty-free perfumes to choose from nowadays!
Favorite Cruelty-Free & Vegan Perfumes
- Ecco Bella – Their Lemon Verbena and Bourbon Vanilla are to die for. They’re totally organic, too!
- Herban Cowboy – This brand is Vegan Certified and available at health food stores and online. They make sexy scents for ladies and dudes.
- Lavanila – Vanilla evvvverything… vanilla lemon, vanilla grapefruit, vanilla lavender, vanilla coconut, vanilla passionfruit, vanilla blackberry, straight up vanilla! If you’re a vanilla fanatic like I am, meet your new favorite perfume line!
- Lurk – Their essential oil-based perfumes smell REDONK. Seriously blown away by their beautiful proprietary blends that actually smell like perfume-perfume (vs. plain essential oils.) I highly recommend BB 11 – it’s a flirty, floral, happy scent.
- Tsi-La – These organic beauties (seriously gorgeous packaging) are definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum (~$100), but they are exquisite and 100% organic.
- LUSH – This perfume line has really taken off in the past few years. They’re available in spritzy, spray, and solid form. They have seriously fun scents with cute names like Dirty, Karma, Lust, and Breath of God.
- Pacifica – First of all, LOVE that these are available at Target! They come in spray, roll-on, and solid form and they’re reasonably priced ($9-22). My faves include Island Vanilla and Tuscan Blood Orange.
- Harvey Prince – I was introduced to this brand via Petit Vour and immediately fell in love. They have scents for both ladies and dudes that are quite lovely – not too overpowering and they linger nicely. They’re also reasonably priced: $21-55.
- Sweet Anthem Perfumes – I adore the branding of these. They have an old-school apothecary vibe that I really like, and I love that they have scents for ladies and guys (like many of the other brands on this list – holla!). Caroline sounds especially yum: bergamot, champagne lemon, jasmine, oakmoss, and vanilla sugar!
What’s your go-to vegan perfume scent? Need one? Check out Vegan Beauty Review’s “Ultimate Vegan Perfume Guide!“
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan perfume