I’ve been on a DIY beauty spree lately! My latest and greatest recipe: DIY Vegan Lotion Bars! They are super easy and inexpensive to whip up, and they’re completely all-natural with mega nourishing ingredients (zero fillers, just skin-loving butters, oils, and waxes).
DIY Lotion Bars
What you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp. candelilla wax
- 3 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp. shea butter
- 5 tbsp. avocado oil
- your favorite essential oils (I used 60 drops of lavender)
- silicon mold of choice (you can use cupcake liners, too)
Try to use organic ingredients if possible.
This recipe makes 6 small lotion bars.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt your wax and cocoa butter.
- Add your shea butter and avocado oil to the mix and allow everything to melt completely.
- Remove from heat and add your essential oils. Be sure to stir them in well.
- Pour mixture into your silicone molds and let cool until solid (wait at least an hour)
- Carefully pop them out of the mold and enjoy!
These make excellent gifts, too. Just plop ’em in a tin, add a fancy ribbon or bow, and abadda-bing, badda-boom! Prezzie!
Be sure to check out the rest of Vegan Beauty Review’s easy-peasy DIY Beauty recipes! xo
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: DIY vegan beauty products