EeeeEeee!! It’s time to check out the goodies that were in February’s Vegan Cuts Beauty Box! If this is the first time you’re hearing about this rad subscription service, it’s a monthly beauty box ($19.95/month with free shipping) that delivers 4-7 vegan and cruelty-free items (ranging from unique cosmetics to luxurious skincare) right to your doorstep. It’s the easiest way to discover cruelty-free brands without committing to full-size products or prices. Sounds bomb, right? That’s because it IS! You can sign up for this beauty box here. You can also peep my past Vegan Cuts Beauty Box reviews here.
February’s Vegan Cuts Beauty Box (co-curated by Jennifer of A Vintage Vanity), which had 5 vegan items, included:
- Alexandria Professional Skin Repair* – This product contains lots of nut/seed/fruit/flower oils and is MEGA moisturizing (and hella thick – hard to get out of the tube even!). Needless to say, a little bit goes a long way. It also has a lovely scent of frankincense, basil, and soft vanilla.
- Red Apple Lipstick in Audrey* – Love this brand and especially love this shade. It’s a beautiful, pink-based neutral shade that’s moisturizing and super buildable (smells like candy, too!). It’s vegan, gluten-free, allergy-free, and paraben-free. This shade would look good on anyone, regardless of skin tone, hair color, eye color, etc.
- Balanced Guru Hair Treatment Scalp Detox – Since I only wash my hair once in a blue moon (not quite, but sort of – gotta keep my pink, PINK. Dry shampoo FTW), I’mma pass on using this for now. Love love LOVE Balanced Guru, though, and this scalp oil smells AMAZE (I’m having a ball gettin’ my sniff on). This item has an astringent blend of oregano, tea tree oil, and rosemary essential oils, with algae, sea kelp, and brahmi – sounds fancy!
- Blissoma Fresh Mild Rice Cleanser – This is a beautiful smelling (citrusy), gentle, all-natural, organic cleanser infused with chickweed and rose. I love using these types of cleansers when my skin is freaking out due to hormones and stress (a.k.a. acne attacks). It cleanses without drying, which is key to keeping skin happy. Stoked that both this and Balanced Guru’s Hair Treatment came in glass bottles. I know glass ain’t cheap, so mad props to these companies for being eco-conscious – will def reuse these containers, too!
- Lauren Brooks Cosmetiques Lip Scrub – I use lip scrubs regularly. They’re a must in the winter time when my smackers are hella chapped and crackly. I usually make my own from scratch, but this one is a bit different than the ones I’m used to. It contains brown sugar, shea butter, grapeseed oil, and a yummy, seasonal sweet chai organic flavor blend. It smells pretty wicked – I just wish the sample were bigger.
Wanna join the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box fun? You can sign up right here!
*faves from this month’s box
Vegan Cuts provided this box for review.
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: Subscription Box