It’s no secret that I’m beyond mega hardcore obsessed with Veggie Grill. The closest one to where I live is in San Jose (not super close), and hubbers and I make the hour-drive almost every other weekend for their tasty noms—their food is THAT good!
What I love most about VG:
- EVERYTHING is 100% vegan. 🙂
- Their menus are seasonal, for the most part (including loads of stay-put best sellers).
- Their prices are hella affordable. You can peep their full menu here.
- Their food is like crack… I can’t even put my finger on the crack factor (ha, that sounds inappropriate). Their food is exceptional and could seriously fool any die-hard “carnivores” who “have to have their meat.” Most of their items are definitely comfort food-y, but they have nutrient-rich salads and bowls as well.
- Their food comes out FAST! This is important because we always go to Veggie Grill with insatiable appetites.
- Their strawberry lemonade is To. Die. For. Seconds and thirds, please!
- They have an incredible kid’s menu with lots of fun choices—this is hands-down Dylan’s fave restaurant (he usually gets the faux chicken trips with Sweetheart Fries, ranch dressing, chocolate pudding, and strawberry lemonade).
- You get a free meal on your birthday (HOLLA!) when you sign up for their mailing list (and it’s not just valid on your actual b-day which is sweet).
- Two words: Sweetheart Fries. I fantasize about these daily. 😉 The seasoning they use on them is REDONK, and you HAVE to dip them in their chipotle ranch… heaven!!
Now, for some of my favorite menu items:
- Mondo Nachos 6.95 – “Chicasa” taco blend of veggie proteins, caramelized onions, mashed avocado, VG-Cheese, jalapeños, soy cream + corn chips
- Santa Fe Crispy Chickin’ 9.75 – Fried Chickin’, lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado, spicy mayo
- All Hail Kale 9.25 – Marinated kale, quinoa, red cabbage slaw, corn salsa, agave-roasted walnuts, ginger-papaya vinaigrette
- “Crab” Cake 9.45 – Crispy “Crab” cake, spiced tartar sauce, pickles, tomato, lettuce, red onion
- Tres “Fish” Tacos 9.95 – Crispy “fish”, green cabbage, original Baja sauce, cilantro, fresh limes, with mashed avocado + tomato salad
Damn, I just made myself mad hungry writin’ this post. Will have to hit up VG STAT!
What’s your favorite Veggie Grill menu item?
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan restaurants