Woohoohoo! It’s time to check out the goodies in this month’s Vegan Cuts Beauty Box! If this is the first time you’re hearing about this rad subscription service, it’s a monthly beauty box ($19.95/month with free shipping) that delivers 4-7 vegan and cruelty-free items (ranging from unique cosmetics to luxurious skincare) right to your doorstep. It’s the easiest way to discover cruelty-free brands without committing to full-size products or prices. Sounds bomb, right? That’s because it IS! You can sign up for this beauty box here. You can also peep my past Vegan Cuts Beauty Box reviews here.
November’s Vegan Cuts Beauty Box, which had 7 (!) vegan items, included:
- LUSH Baked Alaska* – Dang, I LOVE LUSH, so it was such a lovely treat to see such a mainstream vegan-friendly line pop up in my Vegan Cuts Beauty Box! It’s such eye candy, too. Although it’s gorgeous to look at and has a delicious, zesty citrus scent, it doesn’t have the most natural ingredients (i.e. fragrance, ETDA, Blue 1, Red 27, etc), which is not the end of the world. I would just like to point out that I think it’s totally fine to use these types of products from time to time – I just try to use all-natural products most of the time. There’s always room for fun treats like these (just like vegan junk food is okay here and there, and here and there some more). 😉 BTW, I think this might have been a bonus item because it wasn’t mentioned on the VCBB breakdown card. Thank you VC for the extra rad goodie! xo
- EVOLVh UltraShine Moisture Shampoo – This shampoo has a thick consistency (which I love) and a beautiful scent. I’ve yet to try it though, as I’m saving it for an upcoming out-of-town trip.
- Demes Butter Up in Cherry*Cerise* – This moisture rich body butter smells like cherry Jolly Ranchers, and that’s pretty much all you need to know and care about. 😉 It smells DEE-LISH! It’s a little gritty in texture, but it melts into your skin within seconds. Not every subscriber received the same scent, but I bet they’re all heavenly (which one did you get?).
- The All Natural Face Black Kohl Diva Stix* – I went through a SERIOUS kohl/smokey liner phase about a year ago, but I gave up on finding a a badass vegan one because there wasn’t one! The most natural versions I was able to find were at Indian gift shops and they were rumored to have slight traces of lead in them (eeps!), so I ceased my kohl-y look STAT… until now. I friggin’ love this eye pencil SO much, it’s no joke. It’s so creamy and smooth and adds such a sultry, dramatic effect. ♥
- Mullein & Sparrow Lip Balm – This is an all-natural lip & cheek tint. I know a lot of people get weirded out by lip products in tins (germaphobes, I guess?) but I, for one, am a HUGE fan… it has a rustic, old-timey feel/charm. Anywho, I loved the color when I took the cap off, but when I applied it, the tint was waaaay too subtle (especially for cheek wear IMHO). Btw, I swatched the color on my thumb for reference (in pic below). I love this lip balm as just a straight up sheer lip lube, though, It feels amazing and applies effortlessly.
- La Mav Serum sample – It’s not news that I’m an anti-aging oil hoarder… I slather beauty oils on my face religiously at night. This serum smells sooooo pretty – super floral (it contains 8 flower nectars!), to the point where I’d consider using this as a perfume, too (is that weird?).
- Shorganics Rosemary Mint Soap Sample – Although I haven’t cracked this mini soap bar open yet, I CAN definitely say that it smells divoon (easy to smell through the packaging)! I’m a mint fanatic, and I bet it’s tingly and delicious!
Wanna join the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box fun? You can sign up right here!
*faves from this month’s box
Vegan Cuts provided this box for review.
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: Subscription Box