Hello, VBR lovlies! It has been SO hard keeping this a secret until now, but Mr. VBR and I are expecting munchkin #2 this winter! Now that the cat’s out of the bag and I’m well into my second trimester, I figured I’d dish about my experience thus far. Feel free to pass this post along to any vegan mommies or moms-to-be. 🙂
My 1st trimester trials and tribulations:
- Nausea up the yin yang (this is super common and feels like it’ll never go away but it def simmererd down around 14 weeks)
- Major food aversions including pretty much everything (can you believe I wasn’t even in the mood for cake!?!! ← a first!)
- Restless leg syndrome (I only get this when I’m preggo, and it suuuuuuuucks… so hard to fall asleep when you’re body is too antsy, even when you’re beyond butt-tired)
- Exhaustion and perpetual sleepiness (coupled with having to chase a toddler around)
- Everything, and I mean everything, smelled like sh*t (my hubby’s former yummy smelling cologne, coffee, anything with artificial or chemical scents, etc.)
- Pickles (or anything sour, fermented, tangy, vinegar-y, YUM!)
- Hot Sauce, jalapeños, anything spicy (Cholula hot sauce is my BFF right now)
- Fresh fruits, especially citrus and pineapple
- Soy yogurt
- Vegan sour gummy worms
Tips for fellow preggo mamas:
- Take prenatals with plenty or iron and folic acid (Trader Joe’s has a wonderful vegan one that I love)
- Stay hydrated! I’m all about kombucha and coconut water right now. 🙂
- When you’re nauseous, EAT. It seams counterintuitive, but low blood sugar makes the nausea sooooo much worse… and snack often!
- Take naps when you’re tired. Your body is producing twice the amount of blood, so allow your hard working body to rest.
I’ll be sure to post updates throughout my pregnancy, so stay tuned! Thank you for all the love and support – it means so much to me!
Btw, I wanted to quickly mention that my super duper cute and cozy “Baby Bump” tee is from Everfitte. It’s seriously hella soft, and I couldn’t think of a better way to show off my bump for the first time. 🙂 xoxo