Hi, my name is Sunny and I’m a false lashaholic. It’s true. I wasn’t blessed with bountiful mounds of lushy lashes, so I’ve been dependent on falsies to give me an everyday boost of va-va-voomitude. There are lots of false lashes to choose from, many which are vegan and cruelty-free (i.e. not animal-derived or tested on animals), and they all vary in price and quality.
Here are some of my fave false eyelash brands:
- e.l.f. – I’m listing this brand first because their lashes are only $1! You can find these in “natural” or “dramatic, ” and if you spring a couple more bucks ($3), you can buy an entire eyelash kit that comes with glue, a shaper, and an applicator.
- Adorn - Although they only offer one type of lashes, they are very natural looking for everyday use.
- Ardell - This is an affordable and easy to access drugstore brand. The majority of their lashes are very natural looking.
- EcoTools: They offer 6 styles of lashes, and each pair is hypo-allergenic and dermatologist tested. Their glue is also non-toxic (paraben-free, phthalate-free, latex-free, and formaldehyde-free).
- Helen Dowsley – These handmade and ethically sourced (only company I know which holds this standard) synthetic vegan lashes are gorgeous. They are reasonably priced at $12 and are available in natural and dramatic varieties.
- Swagger Cosmetics – If you’re looking to vamp of your pretty mug for a night out, def go with these. They’re dramatic and hella fun!
- Winks by Georgie Beauty - These are a bit on the pricier end ($18), but they look like fancy designer lashies. They offer lots of styles, but my faves are the ‘Bon Ton’ Faux Lashes (criss-cross half lashes) – I love the way they make my eyes pop without looking too drag queeny. I wanna order like 20 pairs of these!
Vegan Eyelash Glue:
- Duo – This brand can be found at drugstores like Walgreens and Target. They’re affordable, highly effective (waterproof and long-lasting), and are available in clear and tinted black (which helps blend in with your eyeliner).
- Georgie Beauty – This lash glue is vegan certified, formaldehyde-, phthalate-, and synthetic fragrance-free. These are also available in both clear and tinted black.
What’s your favorite brand of vegan falsies? And if I’ve left any of this list, please lemme know! xo
Filed in: vegan makeup