Acai bowls are one of my all-time favorite healthy sweet treats! If you’ve never experienced an acai bowl before, it’s similar to an acai smoothie but it’s thicker, served in a bowl, and is typically topped with granola and fruit. If you’ve got a hankering for something sweet, but you don’t wanna shove a whole cake down your pie hole (who, me?), try this healthy, antioxidant-rich alternative instead.
Awesome Acai Bowl
- 2 Sambazon Unsweetened Smoothie Packs (found in the freezer section of most health food stores)
- a splash of vanilla almond milk (will help everything blend smoothly)
- 2 ripe bananas (1 to blend, 1 for topping)
- 1/4 cup of granola (topping)
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries (topping)
Blend the acai (feel free to run the packets under warm water for a bit to help thaw), 1 banana, and a splash of almond milk until smooth. Pour everything into a bowl and top with granola and sliced fruit. Easy peasy, right?
Sometimes I like to switch things up and use OJ instead of almond milk or I’ll add a scoop of peanut butter for protein. Acai bowls are pretty versatile, so have fun with them!
What’s your favorite way to make acai bowls?
Filed in: vegan food