Calling all thrifty vegan beauty bunnies (myself included), there’s no need to break the bank when it comes to lookin’ HAWT! Sure, there are lots of swanky, high-end vegan cosmetics in places like health food stores and online boutiques that cost a pretty penny, but there are also SO many affordable cruelty-free gems that can be found at your local Walgreens, Walmart, and Target.
Here are some cruelty-free and vegan-friendly beauty brands to keep an eye out for:
- e.l.f. – All of their the makeup is vegan (WOOT!!!), but some of their makeup brushes are not. I’m especially into e.l.f.’s Studio Flawless Finish Foundation – good stuff (covers pretty much everything)!
- CIRCA – Eva Mendes’ makeup line hovers at $15 and under (diggity-dope) and will be available at Walgreens.
- Flower Beauty – I haven’t personally tried this line, but the company is 100% cruelty-free—not entirely vegan, though (please read individual product labels).
- Hard Candy – This brand is sold exclusively at Walmart.
- *NYX Cosmetics – Most items are vegan. Here’s their official statement: “Most of our products are but a few do have animal derived ingredients and/or could contain gluten. It is best for the customer to view the labels of each product in-person and determine if there is any ingredient that could be derived from animals and/or contains gluten.”
- Pacifica – SO stoked this brand is available at Target now! This company is completely vegan and cruelty-free, and they have lots of awesome, nicely-pigmented mineral makeup.
- Physician’s Formula – Also 100% cruelty-free and mostly vegan but peep the individual labels, y’all. Their 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Felt Tip Eyeliner is bomb, yo.
- Pixi – This line is cruelty-free with lots vegan options – just be sure to read ingredient labels.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild – This line is cruelty-free with mostly vegan options, but some products contain carmine (labels ←read those suckers!). They also list there vegan options here.
- Milani – This bunny friendly beauty line has a TON of vegan options. You can peep them all here.
Please let me know if I’ve missed any animal-friendly beauty brands. xoxo
*Since this post was published, NYX was acquired by L’Oreal. Although NYX maintains their cruelty-free status, their parent company does indeed animal test.