I always thought cashew cheese was too gourmet for lil’ ol’ me to make at home… that is, until I discovered it’s the EASIEST (and one of the tastiest) recipes in the world! This particular smoked cheddah variety is Off. The. Frickin’. Hook. 🙂 Enjoy!
Smoked Cheddar Cashew Cheese
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (can use more or less based on how thick you want your cheese)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
Mix everything in a blender or food processor until smooth. Garnish with a dash of smoked paprika, and then EAT this yummy ish with your favorite vegan crackers! 😉
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan food