I always thought cashew cheese was too gourmet for lil’ ol’ me to make at home… that is, until I discovered it’s the EASIEST (and one of the tastiest) recipes in the world! This particular smoked cheddah variety is Off. The. Frickin’. Hook. Enjoy!
Smoked Cheddar Cashew Cheese
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (can use more or less based on how thick you want your cheese)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
Mix everything in a blender or food processor until smooth. Garnish with a dash of smoked paprika, and then EAT this yummy ish with your favorite vegan crackers!
Filed in: vegan food