I’m a vegan smoothie makin’ MACHINE! I love startin’ off the day with a hella delish, nutrient-rich power smoothie. I almost always use a variation of frozen berries, frozen tropical fruits, fresh ripe bananas, coconut water, protein powder, and some sort of superfood boost like spirulina, wheatgrass, chlorella, chia seeds, etc.
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with Kaibae’s baobab powder—it’s 100% organic, gluten-free, vegan, and sustainably sourced from Africa. This new sweet and tangy superfruit boosts immunity and energy (←it really does, too!), supports healthy digestion, and reduces inflammation. Want more awesome? According to the National Geographic blog, the fruit “contains six times as much vitamin C as oranges, twice as much calcium as milk, and plenty of B vitamins, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, and antioxidants.” Hells yeah, beyotch!
- Mix it with water or juice
- Add it to soy yogurt, applesauce, or smoothies
- Stir a spoonful into breakfast cereal or oatmeal.
- Mix it into pancake batter or other baked goods.
- Mix in ice cream and popsicles
- Add to tea, marinades, or sauces
What’s your favorite superfruit?
Filed in: vegan food