Calling all vegan fashionistas – let’s talk shoes, glorious shoes! There used to be a time when vegan and eco-friendly footwear was mega crunchy (burlap, recycled tires, Croc-esque wedges, etc.), but the times, they are a-changin’! Now, animal-friendly shoes are H-O-T and sexy as hell. Here are my top 5 fave cruelty-free shoe brands:
- Beyond Skin $80-290 - All of their shoes are made in Alicante, Spain, but the company itself is based in the UK. Beyond Skin makes its faux-suede shoes out of a microfiber called Dinamica (made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles). How cool is that? Peep my VBR Beyond Skin review here!
- Neuaura $35-150 - This company makes quality, unique footwear that is animal-free and eco-friendly. They ensure that their manufacturing process and materials leave minimal impact on the planet. They’ve got tons of cute heels, flats, and boots. Check out my VBR Neuaura review here!
- Zoe & Zac $27-35 - Ah, finally an affordable line of cute vegan shoes (available at Payless – woot!). This company uses eco and animal-friendly faux leathers, organic cotton, linen, natural hemp, recycled rubber, and water-based glues. And dude, how cute is this wedge?!
- Vegetarian Shoes $80-112 – My hubs buys almost all of his shoes from this company (they make sexy-ass man shoes). You can order online or from select veg-friendly stores worldwide (I’ve def spotted these beauties at Moo Shoes in NYC). Love!
- Olsenhaus $125-155 - These shoes are sold in 14 countries at select retailers, both department stores and boutiques. Celebrity clients include: Cameron Diaz, Anne Hathaway, Emily Deschanel, Gwyneth Paltrow, Alicia Silverstone, Colbie Cailet, Ally Sheedy and Persia White. Fancy!
Did your favorite vegan shoe brands make the list?
Filed in: vegan fashion