Our sense of smell and memory go hand in hand. We gravitate toward scents that remind us of people, places, etc. So why not create a custom made scent that’s all YOU so you can sneak your way into other people’s memories? Muahaha! 😉 Or… just find a pretty smell like makes you feel good. 🙂
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoon jojoba, grapeseed oil, or sweet almond oil (or other carrier oil of your choice)
- ~60-75 drops of your favorite essential oil
- An amber or dark blue plastic or glass spray bottle (they sell these at Whole Foods and other health food stores)
Just mix everything together in your spray bottle and enjoy! If you wanna get fancy (←and you should!), combine complementary essential oils to find that perfect and unique “you” scent.
Here are a couple of my personal faves:
Unisexy Woodsy Scent
- 45 drops Cedarwood
- 15 Juniper Berry
- 5 drops Ylang Ylang
My personal go-to, which I’ve named “Sweet-Ass Vegan Cupcake”:
- 35 drops vanilla essential oil (you can use pure vanilla extract, too!)
- 20 drops cocoa essential oil/absolute (if using absolute, you can use less of it… let your nose be the guide)
- 5 drops ylang ylang
Play around with different essential oils and have fun! As soon as you’ve got your very special blend, getcho spray on and make this world a better smelling place, yo!
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: DIY vegan beauty products