I woke of this morning with an INSANE craving for blueberry muffins! I wanted to whip some up that were fat-free, refined sugar-free, low-cal (♥ muffins, not muffin top), and of course vegan (duh). 😉
These healthy-ass blueberry muffins have under 100 calories each, so feel free to eat the WHOLE batch. 😉
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sweetener of choice (I used unrefined organic coconut sugar)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Ener-G egg replacer (the equivalent of 1 egg)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Mix sugar, applesauce, milk, egg replacer, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Combine and mix your dry and wet ingredients. Gently mix in the blueberries. Fill 12 muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes. Do the toothpick trick to make sure their thoroughly cooked.
What are some of your fave vegan, fat-free, low calorie treats?
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan food