I woke of this morning with an INSANE craving for blueberry muffins! I wanted to whip some up that were fat-free, refined sugar-free, low-cal (♥ muffins, not muffin top), and of course vegan (duh).
These healthy-ass blueberry muffins have under 100 calories each, so feel free to eat the WHOLE batch.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sweetener of choice (I used unrefined organic coconut sugar)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Ener-G egg replacer (the equivalent of 1 egg)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Mix sugar, applesauce, milk, egg replacer, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Combine and mix your dry and wet ingredients. Gently mix in the blueberries. Fill 12 muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes. Do the toothpick trick to make sure their thoroughly cooked.
What are some of your fave vegan, fat-free, low calorie treats?
Filed in: vegan food