As I get older, crustier, and AARPier, I’m leaning more and more toward all-natural, non-toxic skincare lines. I don’t wanna read long-ass ingredient lists, I don’t want to have to look up what certain unpronounceable chemicals are, and I certainly don’t wanna worry about any kind of nastiness absorbing into my skin or rubbing off on my sweet baby boy come snuggle time. I’m such a whiner, right?
Anywho, I recently discovered Bare Bones Body Care. Here are just a handful of reasons I adore this skin care line:
- The formulas are super simple (4 ingredients or less).
- Everything’s vegan & cruelty-free!
- All products are completely non-toxic.
- Everything is hella affordable ($3-12 ←That’s unheard of!).
- Ingredients are sourced from organic and local suppliers.
- The packaging is crazy cute, and everything but the lip balms come in reusable, eco-friendly glass bottles.
- Dudes, you can rock these, too! They’re totally unisex (my man especially loves the cleanser!)
- Bare Bones is run by Monica, a compassionate, purple-haired vegan beauty goddess!
The Bare Bones Body Care line includes:
- Rose Water Cleanser, $10 – It’s gentle and soothing, and with only 3 ingredients (vegetable glycerin, organic rose water, and organic tea tree oil), you gotta love it! It’s suds-free and perfect for sensitive skin.
- Toner, $10 – This AMAZING formula only has 2 (!!) ingredients! I’d tell you what they are, but you should totes peruse the Bare Bones Shop page, and have a looksie fo’ yo’self! All of these products complement each other so well.
- Moisturizer, $12 – This moisturizer is versatile and DIVINE!! I use it on my face, all over my body, and on baby Dylan, too!
- Peppermint Lip Balm, $3 - This mint chocolatey lip balm smells and feels delicious on my smackers!
- Bare (Unscented) Lip Balm, $3 – I’ve been using this as a spare in my purse for emergencies (I go NUTS if I can’t find my lip balm, so carrying 2 at all times is how I roll). I LOVE both of these! Even though this one is “bare,” it still has a subtle sweet coconut & cocoa buttery scent.
FIY: You can order the whole shebang (all 5 products) for only $30 – such a crazy good deal, no?
Have you tried Bare Bones Body Care? Share your thoughts! xx
Filed in: vegan skin care