As I get older, crustier, and AARPier, I’m leaning more and more toward all-natural, non-toxic skincare lines. I don’t wanna read long-ass ingredient lists, I don’t want to have to look up what certain unpronounceable chemicals are, and I certainly don’t wanna worry about any kind of nastiness absorbing into my skin or rubbing off on my sweet baby boy come snuggle time. I’m such a whiner, right? 😉
Anywho, I recently discovered Bare Bones Body Care. Here are just a handful of reasons I adore this skin care line:
- The formulas are super simple (4 ingredients or less).
- Everything’s vegan & cruelty-free!
- All products are completely non-toxic.
- Everything is hella affordable ($3-12 ←That’s unheard of!).
- Ingredients are sourced from organic and local suppliers.
- The packaging is crazy cute, and everything but the lip balms come in reusable, eco-friendly glass bottles.
- Dudes, you can rock these, too! They’re totally unisex (my man especially loves the cleanser!)
- Bare Bones is run by Monica, a compassionate, purple-haired vegan beauty goddess!
The Bare Bones Body Care line includes:
- Rose Water Cleanser, $10 – It’s gentle and soothing, and with only 3 ingredients (vegetable glycerin, organic rose water, and organic tea tree oil), you gotta love it! It’s suds-free and perfect for sensitive skin.
- Toner, $10 – This AMAZING formula only has 2 (!!) ingredients! I’d tell you what they are, but you should totes peruse the Bare Bones Shop page, and have a looksie fo’ yo’self! 😉 All of these products complement each other so well.
- Moisturizer, $12 – This moisturizer is versatile and DIVINE!! I use it on my face, all over my body, and on baby Dylan, too!
- Peppermint Lip Balm, $3 – This mint chocolatey lip balm smells and feels delicious on my smackers!
- Bare (Unscented) Lip Balm, $3 – I’ve been using this as a spare in my purse for emergencies (I go NUTS if I can’t find my lip balm, so carrying 2 at all times is how I roll). I LOVE both of these! Even though this one is “bare,” it still has a subtle sweet coconut & cocoa buttery scent.
FIY: You can order the whole shebang (all 5 products) for only $30 – such a crazy good deal, no?
Have you tried Bare Bones Body Care? Share your thoughts! xx
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan skin care