Let’s face it, we all deserve some TLC pamperin’ STAT! Instead of emptying our wallets for professional facials and mani/pedis, let’s DIY it up and save our dolla dolla billz for future vegan cake binges and shoe shopping sprees. Ladies, wrangle up your gal pals, and get ready to throw a badass Ladies Night In Spa Par-tay!
Prep steps/hosting ideas:
- Invite yo’ sexy betches over to your phat pad!
- Feel free to have a fun theme. I’m lazy, so SPA stuff is usually my theme.
- Provide finger foods, snacks (ahem, COOKIES), beverages (wine, Kombucha, chocolate almond milk, etc.), but feel free to make it a vegan potluck so you don’t have to slave away in the kitchen. If you suck at baking, make sure somebody else has dessert covered. (p.s. I SUCK at baking).
- Set up a smoothie station with tons of fresh fruit (that you can also use in some DIY beauty products like a banana or papaya face mask).
- Put on some fun tunes (I’m thinkin’ old school hip hop, cheesy upbeat ’80 songs, SPICE GIRLS ♥, whatevs). If you’re rockin’ a theme for your party, have even more fun with this part!
- Make sure you have all the necessary items/ingredients for DIY facials, manicures, pedicures, etc. Be sure to check out some of my DIY beauty recipes on VBR.
- Again, very importnat, set aside some time to eat SUGAR… cake, cookies, donuts, truffles, etc. (all VEGAN, though).
- Rent or stream some girlie chick flicks (*cough* MAGIC MIKE), comedies, or some old school faves like The Princess Bride (which is TOTES a chick flick).
- Take silly pics of each other and post them on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Make your other lady friends jellie that they weren’t invited (KIDDING).
- Provide little gift bags with a small, pretty-smelling candle and a lip balm or cookies.
Did I miss anything? What are some of your fave home spa recipes and girlie party themes?
Filed in: DIY vegan beauty products