If you know me at all, you know that I used bleach and process the SH*T out of my hair. My hair has been red, blue, pink, purple, green, and purple again.
Guess what? I used to have looooong dark luxurious hair back in the dizzay. Now, I have a thin unmanageable mess. I don’t regret having fun with my hair, because it was fun, but it’s time to get serious.
It’s not that I’m getting too old for cool hair, because I mean, who is? I just want my hair to grow long again! So I’ve decided to start taking better care of my hair, stop bleaching it, and start using deep conditioning treatments. I also refrain from hot tools as much as possible.
Here is a breakdown of what’s helping nurse my hair back to health:
- Agadir Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner – This stuff is awesome! It’s sulfate and paraben-free. It’s very gentle on color treated hair, and it kept my bright color from fading too quickly. The conditioner leaves my hair silky smooth and allows me to brush through it easily. It has built-in sunscreen, heat, and chemical protective properties. It’s also rich in Omega 6 and 9 and vitamin E. Highly recommend this product!
- I am obsessed with Surya Brasil products. This company is 100% vegan and cruelty-free, and is well known as the leading company for henna hair color. Their Color Fixation line has your hair colored needs covered! What I loved:
- Restorative Shampoo – This stuff really cleaned my hair well and removed product build-up like a champ, without stripping or fading the color!
- Restorative Conditioner – I love how this reduced my frizz and made it easy to comb through.
- Leave-in Cream Conditioner – OMG. This is probably my favorite product from this company. I use this daily. My favorite way to use this was after using a dry shampoo from Lush, I would rub a little of this miracle cream on my ends. I also use this before using styling tools or going out into the sun, as it offers UVA protection and protects from heat damage. This is a must for any vegan beauty babe.
- Morrocco Method Styling Gel is a wonderful raw vegan hair gel. It holds any style in place without getting crusty and hard. Last summer I followed the ridiculous hipster trend and shaved the side of my head. I’ve since been trying to let it grow out, but it’s in the awkward I’m-going-to-stick-straight-out-and-make-you-look-silly phase. This gel holds it down without looking like it’s trying to hold it down, if that makes sense. My boo thang actually uses this more than I do. He has thick, curly, beautiful Panamanian hair (lucky b*tch) and this gel defines and tames his curls without looking styled. So if you have thick unruly hair, you need this! If you’re a trendy b*tch and shaved the side of your head and are regretting it now, you need this! If you like hair gel and want a natural and raw version, you need this! Basically everyone needs to have this ish!
What are your favorite vegan hair care products?
About Christy (Christy's Profile)A woman of many hair colors, lover of all things yoga, believer of tea as a cure for anything, Buffy the Vampire Slayer enthusiast, health food freak, constantly searching for the fountain of youth or comparable makeup. :)
Filed in: vegan hair care