I’ve been exclusively wearing mineral foundation for over 10 years now (eeks, that makes me sound ancient!). Seriously, the thought of smearing tinty, chemically-preserved goop all over my face in the name of beauty gives me the chills (the bad kind).
I used to rock Bare Minerals back in the day when the brand was new-new. They kind of owned the market at the time and introduced the world to a new, more natural way of looking beautiful. Now it seems there are a bunzillion new mineral makeup lines, and for the most part, they are all pretty much the shit! As a bit of personal advice, I’d steer clear of “mineral makeup” from mainstream brands, like the kind found at Target and Walgreens (they often contain lots of fillers and aren’t entirely “natural”).
These past couple weeks I’ve been using Mineral Hygienics mineral makeup, and my skin’s been lovin’ it!
Reasons to give Mineral Hygienics a whirl:
- It’s perfect for sensitive skin.
- You get maximum coverage (blemishes, age spots, blotchy bits go bye-bye)
- It’s long-wearing.
- It contains natural SPF (which helps prevent wrinkles)
- It doesn’t cake into your pores and allows your skin to breathe.
- The foundation, shadows, blushes, and bronzers are vegan.*
- They offer a 100% money back guarantee.
- From now until May 1, 2012 get 10% off your entire Mineral Hygienics order by entering the coupon code veganbeauty at checkout.
- It’s Dukers approved:
*Although their powdery makeup (foundation, blushes, shadows) is vegan, they do carry non-vegan items as well (lip products, mascara, eye gel, and some of their makeup brushes), so please read the ingredients for each item before ordering.
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan makeup