So I wanted to share some exciting news with my super amazing VBR readers! My hubby and I are over the moon, reeling and doing back flips while frolicking and indulging in tasty, sugary celebratory treats because we’re expecting a baby boy this summer! EeeeEeeeee!! I’m so so SO excited to be a vegan mommy!
Since I’m almost 6 months into this exciting life-changing journey, I decided to share some of my fave expectant mommy tips. Enjoy!
8 Bits of Advice for Vegan Moms-to-Be:
- Take a vegan pre-natal vitamin every day (especially for iron and folic acid). I ♥ (!) the ones from Trader Joe’s (they’re complete and gentle on the tummy).
- Eat lots of whole foods including colorful fruits and veggies (more than likely, citrus will be your new BFF, especially during your first trimester when everything else seems SO nasty).
- Drink LOTS of water—at least 64 fl. oz. a day.
- Get lots of sleep! Take naps throughout the day and make sure to go to bed early! This should be easy ’cause you’ll notice that you’re always beyond butt-tired anyway (especially during your first tri).
- Use jojoba, shea butter, or coconut oil to soothe your growing belly (and prevent stretch marks). I’ve been religiously using Kelapo Coconut Oil, and it not only feels wonderful on my skin but it leaves me smelling like a yummy tropical pregster.
- Have fun shopping for maternity clothes (I’m LOVING my H&M maternity skinny jeans), mommy jewelry (found some amazing pieces on Etsy), and baby goodies (found a ton of organic cotton baby clothes, bedding, and toys on Amazon.com)!
- Load up your iphone with preggy apps like BabyBump, Sprout, My Pregnancy, and What To Expect. Then have fun browsing the forums, uploading belly pics, and joining your birth month club (I can’t even begin to tell you how helpful these apps have been!).
- Revel in the fact that you’re providing the healthiest foundation for your baby by being vegan! Woot!
I’d love to hear your mommy-to-be tips, too! Please share! ♥