As much as I wish I had gobs of cheddah to spend on fancy schmancy, high-end, exclusively vegan beauty brands, I don’t (and I know I’m not alone on this). I’ve compiled a list of must-have beauty products (many of which you can find at Walgreens, Target, Trader Joe’s, etc.) which are not only vegan and cruelty-free, but also affordable.
Here are some of my fave (and fab) vegan beauty finds for under $20:
- e.l.f. Cosmetics ($1-5): All of their items are vegan-friendly. Woot! I love everything in their line (especially their bold, colorful eyeshadows), but one of my all-time faves is their nail polish remover pads. The have a really pleasant smell, they work amazingly well, they are conveniently packaged for travel and easy storage—and they are only $1.
- Manic Panic makeup ($8-20): Must-have item—Tainted Love lipstick ($8) It’s the only red lip shade you’ll ev-ah need! It goes on like a dream and lasts!
- Dr. Bronner’s Castille Peppermint Soap ($9.99 for 32 oz. at Trader Joes) – This mega versatile soap is pretty powerful (and tingly!)—you can dilute it and it’ll last you forever.
- White Rain hair spray ($1): Their extra hold hair spray is one of my faves. It works really well, it’s available almost everywhere, and you can’t beat that price.
- Yes to Carrots Hand Scrub ($16) …or make your own for mega cheap.
- Trader Joe’s Lavender Body Oil, Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner, Tea Tree Pure Vegetable Soap, Fennel Toothpaste, Pure Castille Soap, etc. (all in the $3-10 range). For a list of VBR’s fave vegan beauty products at TJ’s, click here!
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan lifestyle