As much as I wish I had gobs of cheddah to spend on fancy schmancy, high-end, exclusively vegan beauty brands, I don’t (and I know I’m not alone on this). I’ve compiled a list of must-have beauty products (many of which you can find at Walgreens, Target, Trader Joe’s, etc.) which are not only vegan and cruelty-free, but also affordable.
Here are some of my fave (and fab) vegan beauty finds for under $20:
- e.l.f. Cosmetics ($1-5): All of their items are vegan-friendly. Woot! I love everything in their line (especially their bold, colorful eyeshadows), but one of my all-time faves is their nail polish remover pads. The have a really pleasant smell, they work amazingly well, they are conveniently packaged for travel and easy storage—and they are only $1.
- Manic Panic makeup ($8-20): Must-have item—Tainted Love lipstick ($8) It’s the only red lip shade you’ll ev-ah need! It goes on like a dream and lasts!
- Dr. Bronner’s Castille Peppermint Soap ($9.99 for 32 oz. at Trader Joes) – This mega versatile soap is pretty powerful (and tingly!)—you can dilute it and it’ll last you forever.
- White Rain hair spray ($1): Their extra hold hair spray is one of my faves. It works really well, it’s available almost everywhere, and you can’t beat that price.
- Yes to Carrots Hand Scrub ($16) …or make your own for mega cheap.
- St. Ives Apricot Face Scrub ($3.59): You can buy this scrub at Walgreens or Target and it’s heavenly! It also comes in a travel size. Yay!
- Trader Joe’s Lavender Body Oil, Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner, Tea Tree Pure Vegetable Soap, Fennel Toothpaste, Pure Castille Soap, etc. (all in the $3-10 range). For a list of VBR’s fave vegan beauty products at TJ’s, click here!
Filed in: vegan lifestyle