Bow Chicka Bow Wow…
Not like any of you sex gods and goddesses need any extra help in the bedroom, but just in case you do, here’s a list of natural vegan labido boosters. Enjoy, and go on with your bad, sexy vegan selves!
- Chocolate: Vegan dark chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which stimulates the same hormone your body releases during sex. It also sparks dopamine production in the brain… like you need another excuse to eat chocolate. 😉
- Red wine: You don’t have to get all lush-y, but a wee bit of red wine can increases blood flow and help you relax. Make sure the wine is vegan, though!
- Aniseed: This sweet licorice-flavored seed gained a reputation in ancient Greek and Roman times for increasing female sexual arousal.
- Cinnamon: Eating cinnamon heats up your body and, in turn, your sex drive. Cinnamon also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help normalize blood sugar.
- Pine Nuts: These are loaded with zinc (which is essential for producing testosterone), and they’ve been rumored to have provided men with sexual stamina since the Middle Ages. Woot!
- Cardamom: This ancient aphrodisiac is warming and pungent, and can increase blood flow (ahem, downtown). It is also has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Celery: It contains androsterone and adrostenol, two chemicals that help you get aroused.
- Chili peppers: The capsaicin in peppers heats up the body and increases blood flow. Chili peppers also cause the brain to release endorphins—the feel-good chemical.
- Ginger: I ♥ ginger! It spices things up and increases circulation and body temperature (similar to chili peppers).
- Pomegranates: The seeds help improve blood flow and are rumored to increase sensitivity in the loinal region.
- Asparagus: While this phallic veggie is known for making your pee pee and other bodily secretions smell funky (hence it only being an honorable mention), it is also known to increase circulation downstairs and make you horny.
- Garlic: Granted garlic will make yo’ bref stank, it’s still honorable mention-worthy because it contains allicin, which increases blood flow which can improve stamina and sexual energy. If ya both eat garlic together (pesto pasta for dinsies?), it’s all good. 😉
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan lifestyle