For those of you who might think that all vegan skin care products are created equal, I’m here to let you know that they are not. Wompers. It’s kind of like mistaking thinking all vegan food is healthy—and we all know potato chips and Oreos are not sustainable foods (nor are they kind to my hind quarters… I’ve gotta keep my assets a.k.a. my lady lumps in check, yo!)
I’m currently digging Pai (a premium vegan skin care line), and I wanted to share with you why I think it’s wicked awesome (and different from the rest):
- Their products are all certified organic
- You won’t find “parfum” listed in their ingredients – (btw, “parfum” is a term that legally allows manufacturers to include up to 200 synthetic chemicals, including phthalates, in their products without declaring them on the label—zoiks!)
- All of their ingredients are super pure and recognizable—you won’t see any high tech, chemical, fancy pants lab names on their labels, no-no.
- Pai makes their products in-house at their R&D lab and manufacturing facility, which ensures quality control
- Pai hails from the UK, giving it that fresh, European edge.
- Pai is vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free and ideal for sensitive skin
- Their Macadamia & Rose Dry Skin Cream is luxurious! It has transformed my wintery lackuster, dry skin like you wouldn’t believe. And because it’s so powerful, I only have to use it at night before beddies.
- I smell like a lush rose garden whenever I wear this night cream. It really is heavenly.
- Natalie Portman is a huge fan of Pai… and we all know she has good taste.
Ingredients: rose water, macadamia nut oil, apricot kernel oil, coconut and corn derived emulsifier, thistle oil, shea butter, vegetable glycerine, borage oil, natural vitamin e, corn extract, basil extract, magnolia flower oil, rose geranium oil, grapefruit oil, natural lactic acid (from sugar beet)
What’s your favorite vegan facial moisturizer?