I ♥ ♥ ♥ pumpkins… like a lot! I love them in my grubsies, my lattes and most definitely in my beauty masks!
Pumpkins are rich in antioxidants like beta-carotine, zinc, vitamins A & C, and natural alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which leave your skin healthy and soft. That’s why I’m obsessed with this simple DIY vegan pumpkin face mask. It’s super cheap and easy to make, and your skin will be sooooo grateful for this seasonal, healthy concoction!
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin (puréed)
- 1 tablespoon of soy yogurt or ¼ teaspoon of soymilk
Optional additional ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon of brown sugar (helps exfoliate) or
- ¼ teaspoon cranberry juice (helps keeps skin from looking dull) or
- ½ teaspoon oatmeal (if you’d like a thicker mask; oatmeal is great for dry skin)
Mix all of your ingredients together and then gently apply to your face (avoiding the eye area). Kick it for about 10-15 minutes (feel free to paint your toe nails while you wait). Rinse with warm water, and then moisturize with your favorite lotion.
Voila! You’re done! Enjoy your beautiful, glowing skin!
What’s your favorite DIY beauty recipe?
Filed in: pumpkin face mask