Let’s talk hair color! Whether you’re looking to cover up some grays or funk it up a bit, cruelty-free hair dyes are definitely on the market. Although I wish this list were longer, I’m grateful that we at least have a handful of options (if you can think of more, please share in the comments).
- Herbatint (~$14): If you’re interested in switching to a hair color that’s less harsh (fewer chemicals, no ammonia, paraben-free), balanced with plant extracts and herbs, you should give Herbatint a whirl. They have all the basic shades in permanent and semi and a couple earthy, edgier shades too. I’ve been ogling this particular one… so pretty!
- Manic Panic ($12): Whether you’re looking to explore your funky wild side with some hot pink luscious locks (I so rocked this in high school and college) or looking for a simpler (and more conventional) brown or black, Manic Panic’s got you covered. Their line of semi-permanent hair color doesn’t contain ammonia or peroxide, and it actually leaves your hair feeling healthier.
- Special Effects Hair Dyes ($14.65): I ♥ Special Effects hair dye! This stuff has wicked staying power, and they carry all the same types of cray-cray colors that Manic Panic does. One day, hopefully sooner than later, I plan on Cupcake Pink-ing it up—it’s deliciously gorge!
- LUSH ($22.95): Looking for totally natural, plant-based henna color? LUSH carries henna bars in red, brown, and black tones.
- Aubrey Color Me Natural ($13.33): Available shades include dark brown and mahogany, and these dyes are free of phenylenediamine, coal tar dyes, and synthetic chemicals of any kind.
- Paul Mitchell Ink Works – Available at Paul Mitchell salons and beauty supply stores.
- Daniel Field (£7.85): Available in a variety of shades, all organic, and mineral-based.
- Sante Herbal Hair Colors ($12.50): Free from synthetic colorants, fragrance and preservatives. Vegan plant powder with organic henna extract.
If you prefer going to a salon, try:
What’s you favorite vegan-friendly hair dye?
About Sunny (Sunny's Profile)Longtime vegan, hardcore compassionate beauty junkie, serious cake aficionado, and lover of all things floofy and sparkly! If there's something in particular you'd like me to review, drop me a line at Sunny@VeganBeautyReview.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google +.
Filed in: vegan hair care