Conventional soap is full of nasty crap that you don’t want on your skin—trust me. I’m just gonna break it on down…
- Conventional soaps contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (foaming agent) = evil ingredient/suspected carcinogen
- They are basically detergent bars made with petroleum (aka crude oil) products—yuck!
- Those strong unnatural fragrances (read: chemicals) they add are inTOXICating…
- Who wants to bathe with animal fat anyway? (think: Fight Club) I much prefer plant oils (like olive and coconut), thank you.
- Why support companies that test on animals when you can go the cruelty-free route?
Seriously, doesn’t your skin deserve better?
Here are a few vegan, cruelty-free soap companies that I highly recommend:
Dr. Bronner’s Soaps – LOVE their peppermint liquid soap; I use it every day! It’s the ultimate tingly, minty fresh maker!
Herbaria – The French Lavender bar is amah-zing.
Maui Soap Company – Try the Lime Litsea soap. This one is great for the kitchen sink.
Maui Tropical Soaps – My fave is Coconut Mango; it’s a fruity tropical delight.
Hawaiian Bath & Body Soaps – Try the Mango-Papaya soap… smells insanely delicious (I dare you not to eat it)!
Kalliste Soaps -The only place I know that has wine-scented soaps.
Mountain Girl Soap – Highly recommend the Rosemary Mint Bar – earthy & divine!
Nothing beats natural soap that’s 100% handcrafted, made in small batches, fresh, chemical-free, cruelty-free and vegan.
What are some of your favorite vegan bars of soap?
Filed in: vegan skin care